Custom Audio Issue

Reaction score
I have tried to create custom audio for nr2003 but can't get any recognition from the game to let me use it as the game will force close as I have tried to make to reminder wav files but it will and will not let me use the audio so I need help learning how to make any audio files for the game from anything like gentlemen start your engines, car sounds, reminder sounds ect. but if nothing can help then I will be greatly appreciative that I had help.

Mystical

Test Rank
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Website
adracingdesigns.com
Reaction score
NR2003 is very strict when it comes to the exact very format. Try AVS Audio Converter:

It converts to all the audio formats in NR2003, apart from the radio. To check if an audio is formatted, right click, properties, click on details, it should tell you the bit rate, unfortunately, it does not give the full details needed. Here is an example on the radio:

car1.jpg

After Windows XP, the exact details on a .wav disappeared, but me having both details, and comparing them, here they are:

Sound Effects (Default For NR2003)

Bit Rate - 352 kbps

Audio Sample Size - 16 bit

Channels - 1 (mono)

Audio Sample Rate - 22kHz (Appears as 22050hz)

Audio Format - PCM

Engine

Bit Rate - 705 kbps

Channels - 2 (stereo)

Audio Format - PCM

Radio

Bit Rate - 44 kbps

Audio Sample Size - 8 bit

Channels - 1 (mono)

Audio Sample Rate - 5kHz (Appears as 5512hz)

Audio Format - PCM

Other Sound Formats That Work So Far

Sound Effects

Bit Rate - 88kbps (Found An From MTM2 Addon Track)

Channels - 1 (mono)

Audio Sample Rate - 11khz (Appears As 11025hz)

Audio Format - PCM

------------------------

Bit Rate - 176kbps (MTM2 Default)

Channels - 1 (mono)

Audio Sample Rate - 22khz (Appears as 22050hz)

Audio Format - PCM

------------------------

Bit Rate - 705 kbps (The NR2003 Engine Sound May Also Work As A Sound Effect For Car).

Channels - 2 (stereo)

Audio Format - PCM

If you don’t have a Windows XP to check the full details on a .wav, as long as you export form AVS Audio Convert into these formats it should work fine. I have not found one that can do the radio yet.

Also, thank you to Mystical for shedding a light on how to do this in the first place. (y)

Mystical

Test Rank
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Website
adracingdesigns.com
Reaper is also a great program for audio creation. Has all the included formats needed for NR2003 as well, its what I primarily use these days.

Reaction score
For Gentlemen Start Your Engines file here is the format guide to make those: https://www.adrd-forums.net/index/t...-gsye-gentlemen-start-your-engines-audio.314/

For engine sounds a guide here for those: https://www.adrd-forums.net/index/threads/parameters-for-creating-a-nr2003-soundpack.134/

I don't have a reminder.wav guide yet but the wav file format needs to be exactly this or it will not play/crash the game:

Format: WAV
Sample Rate: 22050 hz
Bit/Sample rate: 16 bit
how exactly for the reminder do I change my 2 files to a mono format

Mystical

Test Rank
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Website
adracingdesigns.com
Which audio program are you using? The settings option locations will differ depending what you are using. For example in Reaper here is a track and when I right click on it where I go to convert it to mono:

Untitled.jpg

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)